The future of aeronautical innovation rests on the shoulders of those we inspire today. Gravity Industries is committed to demonstrating to young people and students across the globe that a new era of human flight is not just a possibility, but already a reality.
Engage, Inspire & Create ambition
Through our work in STEM, we seek to engage, inspire and create ambition for the next generation of leaders in aeronautical disruption through the disciplines of science, technology, engineering and maths. To show that these subjects can unlock fascinating careers, solve some of the world’s greatest challenges and biggest questions.
Gravity is working with our sponsors to provide specific STEM support materials and educational outreach events.
Includes a Word and PDF Entry form and the Terms and Conditions
The purpose of the competition is to inspire innovation and creativity in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) domain and encourage engagement and participation in STEM subjects prior to GCSE subject selection and beyond.
Entrants are asked to demonstrate their idea for the next frontier in human flight using drawings, diagrams, words or numbers on the supplied entry form, and submit it by email. Prizes will be awarded for innovation, ingenuity and creativity.
The closing date for all entries is the 30th of April 2019
Gravity Industries Ltd ‘2019 UK Innovation Challenge’
Overview. The purpose of the competition is to inspire innovation and creativity in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) domain and encourage engagement and participation in STEM subjects prior to GCSE subject selection and beyond.
Competition Terms and Conditions.
01. The Competition is only open to under 18s in UK schools and colleges.
02. The Competition will close after the first 1,000 entries have been received.
03. Entrants should inform their school science teacher and parent(s)/guardian(s) that they are entering the Competition.
04. No personal details of any entrants or of their schools will be used or retained by Gravity Industries Ltd or any third party for any marketing or analytical purposes.
05. Entry into the competition grants Gravity Industries Ltd permission to announce the name of the winner’s school on social media sites, mainstream media (newspapers/TV etc), and the Gravity Industries website.
06. The name of the winning pupil will not be published by Gravity Industries Ltd without written permission from the child’s parent(s)/guardian(s)
07. Submissions can only be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org using the downloadable entry form on the Gravity Industries website STEM page.
08. Submissions will be judged by the Gravity team and Richard Browning will select the first prize winner.
09. Prizes will be awarded for innovation, ingenuity and creativity.
10. First prize is a school/college visit by the Gravity team. The visit will include a talk by Richard Browning and a flying display to pupils and staff.
11. The winning school flight will be scheduled during 2019 on a date convenient to the school and the Gravity Industries events schedule. Practical arrangements (inc risk assessments etc) will be organised once the winning school has been announced. If there are any physical restrictions, unacceptable risks, or prevailing weather constraints which prevent a flight at the winning school, then a static demonstration will be arranged instead.
12. A number of runner-up prizes of Gravity branded merchandise will be awarded. Prizes will be posted to the science teacher of each runner-up for presentation by the school.
13. No Intellectual Property Rights will be retained by the entrants for any ideas submitted as part of this competition.
14. Competition closes on 30th April 2019 and the winner’s school will be announced on the Gravity Industries Ltd website and social media outlets no later than 31st May 2019.
15. This competition is currently only open to UK entrants but Gravity are keen to work with sponsors who would make it possible for a second phase of this competition to be opened out to global participants
To inspire the next generation we have created Gravity materials for STEM students and teachers.
Click on the images below to view and download individual pages, or click HERE to download the whole booklet.
The pace and breadth of technology development behind the scenes at Gravity is ever accelerating.
We have the privilege of collaborating with some of the most exciting companies and most talented individuals, nearly all of whom generously reached out to join us on this ground-breaking journey. Commercially we are also developing an increasing range of international activities including a Race Series.
For all brand and flight event enquiries please select EXPERIENCE from the address dropdown.
For all Race Series enquiries please select RACE SERIES from the address dropdown.
For all press enquiries please select PRESS from the address dropdown.